Sleep Apnea Treatment in Pasadena, TX
Looking for a sleep apnea doctor near you? Oral appliance therapy is an effective treatment for sleep apnea. A good custom-fit device can improve sleep and enhance your health. This type of dental appliance is only worn during sleep fits much like a retainer or a mouth guard. It maintains the jaw in a forward position to help keep the upper airway open for patients who snore and those who have obstructive sleep apnea.
If your physician has determined that a dental appliance is the best option for you, you will be given a prescription for a custom-made appliance and a dentist referral. There are over 100 oral appliances available that have been granted FDA approval. Your dentist at Town Square Dental can recommend the best appliance for you. Most medical insurance plans will cover this type of therapy. Think you need to see a sleep apnea dentist near Pasadena, TX? Contact us today!
Benefits of Oral Appliance Therapy
There are many advantages to this highly effective, non-invasive treatment that is easy to use. Patients don’t mind oral appliance therapy because the device is:
- Comfortable and easy to place
- Portable, convenient for travel
- Easy to clean and store
- Your sleep apnea dentist near Houston and doctor will work together to manage your sleep apnea and snoring. At your initial visit, you will learn about the benefits of dental treatment. You will receive information on the cost of therapy and possible side effects.
- You will undergo a clinical evaluation that involves an assessment of your jaw, teeth, tongue, and airway. An x-ray may be taken of your mouth.
- Custom oral appliances require either physical or digital impressions to be taken along with models of your teeth to be sent to a lab where your device will be made.
- You will return to our office once the oral appliance is ready for a fitting. Your Town Square Dental dentist will make any necessary adjustment to ensure maximum comfort and effectiveness.
Sleep Apnea Treatment Process
Book an Appointment
What If I Don’t Wear My Retainers?
This is a great accomplishment! You have successfully completed orthodontic treatment in Pasadena, TX and have now achieved the straight, healthy smile you have always wanted. Congratulations on your hard work and sacrifice. Now, there is one more step to ensure your new smile lasts — we...
Dental Crowns: A Royal Repair for Your Smile
For many Americans out there, the way our teeth look can have a direct effect on how confident we feel. If your smile includes broken, cracked, decayed, or weak tooth, your dentist may be able to fix the problem with dental crowns. In the following article we will discuss a few ways that d...
5 Common Myths About Root Canal Treatment
Many individuals are left with a bad feeling after hearing that they are in need of a root canal treatment. However, they are often needed for patients with an infected tooth. Our team at Town Square Dental is eager to provide a wide range of treatments performed by our experienced team. T...
Chewing Gum: Good or Bad for Your Teeth?
Many people may not know, but the average American consumes about 2 pounds of gum each year. There are many reasons someone might chew a piece of gum, whether habitual, to stay awake during a boring college lecture, or to freshen their breath throughout the day. Whatever the case may be, i...