Sleep Apnea Treatment in Pasadena, TX
Looking for a sleep apnea doctor near you? Oral appliance therapy is an effective treatment for sleep apnea. A good custom-fit device can improve sleep and enhance your health. This type of dental appliance is only worn during sleep fits much like a retainer or a mouth guard. It maintains the jaw in a forward position to help keep the upper airway open for patients who snore and those who have obstructive sleep apnea.
If your physician has determined that a dental appliance is the best option for you, you will be given a prescription for a custom-made appliance and a dentist referral. There are over 100 oral appliances available that have been granted FDA approval. Your dentist at Town Square Dental can recommend the best appliance for you. Most medical insurance plans will cover this type of therapy. Think you need to see a sleep apnea dentist near Pasadena, TX? Contact us today!
Benefits of Oral Appliance Therapy
There are many advantages to this highly effective, non-invasive treatment that is easy to use. Patients don’t mind oral appliance therapy because the device is:
- Comfortable and easy to place
- Portable, convenient for travel
- Easy to clean and store
- Your sleep apnea dentist near Houston and doctor will work together to manage your sleep apnea and snoring. At your initial visit, you will learn about the benefits of dental treatment. You will receive information on the cost of therapy and possible side effects.
- You will undergo a clinical evaluation that involves an assessment of your jaw, teeth, tongue, and airway. An x-ray may be taken of your mouth.
- Custom oral appliances require either physical or digital impressions to be taken along with models of your teeth to be sent to a lab where your device will be made.
- You will return to our office once the oral appliance is ready for a fitting. Your Town Square Dental dentist will make any necessary adjustment to ensure maximum comfort and effectiveness.
Sleep Apnea Treatment Process
Book an Appointment
When Dentures Are Right For You
Thanks to the many advances in Health Sciences today, people are living longer than ever. With all of these added years to your lifespan, your teeth are enduring many extra years of damage. Over the years, your mouth will accumulate numerous problems. Your dentist has many options to resto...
Taking Care of Your Retainer
When you first get your retainer, it might be a foreign concept to keep something extra with you all the time and keep it in your mouth almost 24 hours a day at first. You are used to constantly checking your pockets for your keys, wallet, and phone, but now you have another item possibly,...
Removing Fillings from Teeth: Should I Replace My Silver Tooth Fillings?
Now less common than they once were, amalgam material used for dental fillings are still used, except now they are at the center of a swirling controversy. Many aren’t keen on the metal appearance they give their teeth, but still prove to be a great option for those on a budget. At Town ...
Benefits of Dental Implants with Removable Dentures
Dental Implant Overdenture – What Is It? While traditional dentures rested directly on the gums, new dental implant supported dentures have revolutionized how dentures are worn. This new style of dentures is referred to as an overdenture. When missing all of the teeth in the upper or low...