Do you suffer from missing or severely damaged teeth? Looking for a dental treatment to permanently restore the function and appearance of your smile? With dental implants from Town Square Dental, the perfect treatment is possible. We are proud to offer dental implants for our patients that have one or more missing teeth or teeth that need to be extracted.
About Dental Implants
Dental implants function, feel and look just like natural teeth. They consist of an artificial root, an abutment, and a prosthetic crown. A tiny titanium post serves as the artificial root, with an abutment attached so that the crown can be placed and secured. Certain issues caused by missing teeth such as bite and speech problems as well as an aged appearance can be improved once dental implants have been placed. For patients with bone loss, a bone graft or even sinus lift may be necessary before treatment to fully support the implant.
Dental Implant Treatment
Before dental implant treatment, an evaluation of your teeth, gums, bone and overall oral health will be necessary to determine if you are a candidate and if a bone graft or sinus lift may be necessary. Once this has been completed, the dental implant procedure can commence:
- The artificial titanium root will be surgically placed into the jawbone.
- As the mouth heals, the titanium post and natural jawbone will grow together, creating a long-lasting foundation for artificial crowns. This can take weeks to months depending upon various factors.
- Once the mouth heals, and your jawbone has fully grown around the implant, abutments will be placed on top of the post so that the prosthetic crown can be attached.
- An individual prosthetic crown, bridge or denture will then be attached to the abutment.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Many patients at our Pasadena, TX dental office wonder if dental implants may be the right dental treatment option for their situation. Here are some of the benefits of dental implants in comparison to other options:
- Feel, Look & Function like Natural Teeth
- Improved Bite
- Improved Speech
- Improved Oral Hygiene
- Decreased Bone Loss
- More Youthful Appearance
- Permanent Solution
- Requires No Adhesive
To see if you’re a candidate for dental implants, book an appointment with Town Square Dental today!