At Town Square Dental we are pleased to offer our patients digital imaging. This innovative technology benefits our patients by allowing us to communicate their dental needs by visualizing their problem areas. Traditional X-rays can be difficult to read. With this new technology, we can display large images that are much easier to see.
The x-ray machine used for digital imaging is similar to the ones used to take film dental radiographs. The difference is instead of using film, digital images are made with a small image receptor or electronic sensor that is placed in the patient’s mouth to capture the image.
Benefits of Digital Imaging
- A digital x-ray image can be seen immediately on a computer screen, unlike conventional film that requires about five minutes of processing time. The dental images are displayed on the screen in large format as opposed to the film being viewed on a light box.
- Problem tooth areas can be enhanced with magnification, brightness, and contrast alterations. This is very useful to your dentist because a larger enhanced x-ray image on a computer screen makes the area that needs treatment more visible. It also helps patients more easily understand a dental condition.
- Digital images can be saved, printed, emailed, copied, or forwarded to other dental clinics. They can be used to compare to future x-rays to see how conditions have progressed.
- Since there is no need for film and processing chemicals, no biohazardous waste is generated. Digital x-ray images are safe for the environment. The light boxes required to view conventional x-ray films are also no longer needed.
- Very low levels of radiation exposure are used for these dental x-rays, reducing the risk of any harmful effects. The sensitive digital sensors require about half the radiation of film based x-rays to generate an image.
Book an Appointment
Benefits of Having Professional Teeth Cleaning Near Me
The importance of good dental health is known to all, but brushing and flossing alone doesn’t help. You also need to visit the dentist in Pasadena twice a year for professional teeth cleaning and examination for maintaining optimum oral health. Let’s Have a Look at the Benefits of Prof...
The Ultimate Guide to Dental Implant Surgery
If you lost a few teeth because of getting involved in some kind of an accident and now you do not want to face the world with a toothless smile then don’t worry, dental implant is here for you. You could get artificial teeth which are as good as the original teeth. Artificial teeth do n...
Why You Shouldn’t Be Scared of Root Canal Treatment
The American Association of Endodontists says that around 15.1 million root canal treatments are performed annually. However, some people are afraid of the procedures. But the fact is that there’s nothing to be scared about the procedure. In fact, not going for a root canal is putting yo...
Can Dental Implants Get Cavities?
When you go for dental implant for any sort of dental issues, individual have a fear that there implants will soon get decay and cavities. Dental implants may be an amazing solution for tooth decay but people fear that issues may further proceed. People think that even when they will spend...