At Town Square Dental we are pleased to offer our patients digital imaging. This innovative technology benefits our patients by allowing us to communicate their dental needs by visualizing their problem areas. Traditional X-rays can be difficult to read. With this new technology, we can display large images that are much easier to see.
The x-ray machine used for digital imaging is similar to the ones used to take film dental radiographs. The difference is instead of using film, digital images are made with a small image receptor or electronic sensor that is placed in the patient’s mouth to capture the image.
Benefits of Digital Imaging
- A digital x-ray image can be seen immediately on a computer screen, unlike conventional film that requires about five minutes of processing time. The dental images are displayed on the screen in large format as opposed to the film being viewed on a light box.
- Problem tooth areas can be enhanced with magnification, brightness, and contrast alterations. This is very useful to your dentist because a larger enhanced x-ray image on a computer screen makes the area that needs treatment more visible. It also helps patients more easily understand a dental condition.
- Digital images can be saved, printed, emailed, copied, or forwarded to other dental clinics. They can be used to compare to future x-rays to see how conditions have progressed.
- Since there is no need for film and processing chemicals, no biohazardous waste is generated. Digital x-ray images are safe for the environment. The light boxes required to view conventional x-ray films are also no longer needed.
- Very low levels of radiation exposure are used for these dental x-rays, reducing the risk of any harmful effects. The sensitive digital sensors require about half the radiation of film based x-rays to generate an image.
Book an Appointment
What If I Don’t Wear My Retainers?
This is a great accomplishment! You have successfully completed orthodontic treatment in Pasadena, TX and have now achieved the straight, healthy smile you have always wanted. Congratulations on your hard work and sacrifice. Now, there is one more step to ensure your new smile lasts — we...
Dental Crowns: A Royal Repair for Your Smile
For many Americans out there, the way our teeth look can have a direct effect on how confident we feel. If your smile includes broken, cracked, decayed, or weak tooth, your dentist may be able to fix the problem with dental crowns. In the following article we will discuss a few ways that d...
5 Common Myths About Root Canal Treatment
Many individuals are left with a bad feeling after hearing that they are in need of a root canal treatment. However, they are often needed for patients with an infected tooth. Our team at Town Square Dental is eager to provide a wide range of treatments performed by our experienced team. T...
Chewing Gum: Good or Bad for Your Teeth?
Many people may not know, but the average American consumes about 2 pounds of gum each year. There are many reasons someone might chew a piece of gum, whether habitual, to stay awake during a boring college lecture, or to freshen their breath throughout the day. Whatever the case may be, i...