The importance of good dental health is known to all, but brushing and flossing alone doesn’t help. You also need to visit the dentist in Pasadena twice a year for professional teeth cleaning and examination for maintaining optimum oral health.
Let’s Have a Look at the Benefits of Professional Teeth Cleaning:
- Your breath stays fresher
- They help maintain your overall health
- They prevent plaque build up and cavities
- Complex problems are prevented
- They’re easier on your pocketbook
Professional teeth cleaning near TX 77506 will help in maintaining fresh breath as it removes the plaque and tartar which are responsible for dental hygiene issues. It also diagnoses underlying dental issues which can be treated for optimum dental health.
Your oral health impacts your overall health. The bacterial infection can travel to other parts of the body and put you at risk of heart diseases, kidney diseases, diabetes, etc. dental cleaning can help in preventing these diseases.
The dental cleaning removes the plaque and tartar from the teeth and gum line which prevents the risk of cavities.
Dental cleaning can help in preventing serious gum diseases, cavities, decay, and tooth loss in the long run.
What Happens During a Teeth Cleaning?
- First step is a physical examination of your whole mouth. This is done with the help of a dental mirror which is used for checking the symptoms of inflamed gums and other issues.
- The dental practitioner will then remove the plaque and tartar with the help of a scaler.
- Teeth will be brushed with a powerful electric brush for removing tartar. The toothpaste with gritty consistency will be used for cleaning the teeth.
- Professional flossing will help in removing the leftover plaque.
- Rinsing with liquid fluoride will help in taking off any remaining debris.
Applying fluoride treatment
It’s the last step which helps in protecting the teeth and fighting cavities.
Regular dental cleaning is affordable and way cheaper than the restorative dental treatments which you may need if you skip dental cleaning sessions twice a year.