Sleep Apnea Treatment in Pasadena, TX
Oral appliance therapy is an effective treatment for sleep apnea. A good custom-fit device can improve sleep and enhance your health. This type of dental appliance is only worn during sleep fits much like a retainer or a mouth guard. It maintains the jaw in a forward position to help keep the upper airway open for patients who snore and those who have obstructive sleep apnea.
If your physician has determined that a dental appliance is the best option for you, you will be given a prescription for a custom-made appliance and a dentist referral. There are over 100 oral appliances available that have been granted FDA approval. Your dentist at Town Square Dental can recommend the best appliance for you. Most medical insurance plans will cover this type of therapy.
Benefits of Oral Appliance Therapy
There are many advantages to this highly effective, non-invasive treatment that is easy to use. Patients don’t mind oral appliance therapy because the device is:
- Comfortable and easy to place
- Portable, convenient for travel
- Easy to clean and store
Sleep Apnea Treatment Process
- Your dentist and doctor will work together to manage your sleep apnea and snoring. At your initial visit, you will learn about the benefits of dental treatment. You will receive information on the cost of therapy and possible side effects.
- You will undergo a clinical evaluation that involves an assessment of your jaw, teeth, tongue, and airway. An x-ray may be taken of your mouth.
- Custom oral appliances require either physical or digital impressions to be taken along with models of your teeth to be sent to a lab where your device will be made.
- You will return to our office once the oral appliance is ready for a fitting. Your Town Square Dental dentist will make any necessary adjustment to ensure maximum comfort and effectiveness.
Book an Appointment
Your Dentist Isn’t as Scary as You Think
Did you know that up to 75% of Americans suffer from some sort of dental anxiety or outright dental phobia? This isn’t all that surprising. In previous decades, fear of dentists was a lot more well-founded. The technology, practices, and sedation, were not as advanced as they are today. Thankfully...
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Do you suffer from missing or severely damaged teeth? Looking for a dental treatment to permanently restore the function and appearance of your smile? With dental implants from Town Square Dental, the perfect treatment is possible. We are proud to offer dental implants for our patients that have one...
5 Dental Care Tips for Kids
Of course, we know what we’re supposed to do to take care of our teeth – brush and floss daily, stay away from overly-sugary foods and drinks, see our dentist regularly – and we do our best to keep up with that (…right?). But it’s important that we are also instilling that same diligence i...
How Much Do You Know About Your Teeth?
At Town Square Dental in Pasadena, TX, we believe that an essential part of our patient’s dental treatment is education. This allows them to make educated, informed decisions in regards to their dental conditions and treatment. We often find that patients don’t know much about teeth other than t...