At Town Square Dental we are pleased to offer our patients digital imaging. This innovative technology benefits our patients by allowing us to communicate their dental needs by visualizing their problem areas. Traditional X-rays can be difficult to read. With this new technology, we can display large images that are much easier to see.
The x-ray machine used for digital imaging is similar to the ones used to take film dental radiographs. The difference is instead of using film, digital images are made with a small image receptor or electronic sensor that is placed in the patient’s mouth to capture the image.
Benefits of Digital Imaging
- A digital x-ray image can be seen immediately on a computer screen, unlike conventional film that requires about five minutes of processing time. The dental images are displayed on the screen in large format as opposed to the film being viewed on a light box.
- Problem tooth areas can be enhanced with magnification, brightness, and contrast alterations. This is very useful to your dentist because a larger enhanced x-ray image on a computer screen makes the area that needs treatment more visible. It also helps patients more easily understand a dental condition.
- Digital images can be saved, printed, emailed, copied, or forwarded to other dental clinics. They can be used to compare to future x-rays to see how conditions have progressed.
- Since there is no need for film and processing chemicals, no biohazardous waste is generated. Digital x-ray images are safe for the environment. The light boxes required to view conventional x-ray films are also no longer needed.
- Very low levels of radiation exposure are used for these dental x-rays, reducing the risk of any harmful effects. The sensitive digital sensors require about half the radiation of film based x-rays to generate an image.
Book an Appointment
Your Dentist Isn’t as Scary as You Think
Did you know that up to 75% of Americans suffer from some sort of dental anxiety or outright dental phobia? This isn’t all that surprising. In previous decades, fear of dentists was a lot more well-founded. The technology, practices, and sedation, were not as advanced as they are today. Thankfully...
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Do you suffer from missing or severely damaged teeth? Looking for a dental treatment to permanently restore the function and appearance of your smile? With dental implants from Town Square Dental, the perfect treatment is possible. We are proud to offer dental implants for our patients that have one...
5 Dental Care Tips for Kids
Of course, we know what we’re supposed to do to take care of our teeth – brush and floss daily, stay away from overly-sugary foods and drinks, see our dentist regularly – and we do our best to keep up with that (…right?). But it’s important that we are also instilling that same diligence i...
How Much Do You Know About Your Teeth?
At Town Square Dental in Pasadena, TX, we believe that an essential part of our patient’s dental treatment is education. This allows them to make educated, informed decisions in regards to their dental conditions and treatment. We often find that patients don’t know much about teeth other than t...